International Bachelor Economics and Business Economics
Career opportunities International Bachelor Economics and Business Economics
Career opportunities for Economics and Business graduates remain buoyant. Economists from Rotterdam’s Erasmus University are well-respected and Rotterdam itself offers many interesting and varied employment opportunities. This applies to by far most of our successful graduates from all social, educational and ethnic backgrounds, who go on to pursue a wide array of careers.
Erasmus School of Economics attracts the best students from all over the world, from all social, educational and ethnic backgrounds. Our students go on to pursue a wide array of careers.
Our economic graduates do not encounter any problems in finding employment. Annual surveys among recent graduate economists from different universities show that more than 90 percent of economists from Rotterdam find jobs within three months after graduation. Of the remaining 10 percent many consciously opt for continuation of their studies or for going abroad for a period of time. The basis for future work lies in the choice of subjects chosen during your study.
However, no matter what you choose, Rotterdam economists are broadly employable. Not only do they work in specific economic jobs, they also find work in more general positions at academic levels. Several examples of positions include stock-exchange analysts, entrepreneurs, financial advisors, marketing managers, tax inspectors, sales managers, policy staff, personnel managers, lecturers, academics, politicians, management consultants and scientific journalists.
Although the aforementioned list includes multiplicity of positions and sectors, our economists can be found primarily in the following sectors:
- accountancy, administrative offices, tax advisors
- general public administration
- economic research / consultancy firms
- trade (particularly wholesale companies) and multinationals