Make a list of companies
In T1B you can create list of companies conform certain criteria, e.g. all Dutch companies in retail. Select the C button by clicking on this magnifying glass in the top left column.
There are three different search options:
- Search Library: here you can choose from pre-defined requests, like 'Country Breakdown: Companies within each country, based and ranked by the market cap selected' or all companies within the (current ) FTSE 100.
- Basic Search: here you can search by 28 criteria, like country and SIC-code.
- Advanced Search: here you can select the search criteria yourself, like employees or total assets.
In the example we are looking for annual report data of public listed, active, Dutch companies in the retail sector.
A completed Basic Search: Public and Active are selected, the Country Code for the Netherlands and the SIC code for retail and retrieved with the magnifying glass (Click on the picture for a larger image).
The result of the Basic Search (Click on the picture for a larger image).
The result of the search request is a list of names. If you need annual report data from these companies you'll need an identifier so the Excel add-in will recognize those companies. With the Report Writer you can add identifiers like SEDOL- and ISIN-code.
This is how it works:
- Click on the tab Report Writer and choose Create Report. A popup window will appear.
- Click on the button Item Lookup. A list of all possible items will appear.
- Type in the text box (part of) the name of the item you are looking for, e.g. SEDOL.
- Click on Search and select the item you want to add. Choose Select.
- Repeat this steps for each item you need. If all items are selected click on OK.
The report will be added with the requested items. This report can be exported to Excel: Click on the Excel-button on top of the list.
Beware: In the list of items you can also find annual report data like Total Assets, Sales and Net incomes. DO NOT add them to the Report Writer: in the list it won't mention the year and currency of that item. Use the Report Writer for Static information only.