Liberal Arts & Sciences (EUC)
Bachelor in Liberal Arts & Sciences
A small-scale, intensive and residential approach to Liberal Arts & Sciences. You’ll study many areas of academia and specialise in one of our four Majors.
Why study a Bachelor in Liberal Arts & Sciences at Erasmus University College in Rotterdam?
The Netherlands is home to a number of high-quality University Colleges, and we are often asked for help in understanding the differences. Here’s what we can tell you about where Erasmus University College (EUC) stands apart:
- EUC’s active approach to education is called Problem Based Learning; we keep group sizes to about 10 students for tutorials, so you are always intensely involved in your education.
- Working and studying in a gorgeously renovated landmark building in the very heart of a big city.
- Four academic departments offering numerous Majors, spanning from Economics & Business to Humanities to International Relations and more.
- A residential requirement to live together with your fellow first-year students from all over the world; helping build bonds in year one but leaving students independent in years two and three.
- Close cooperation with more than 30 masters programmes at Erasmus University, including a Pre-Med programme, to facilitate the connection upon graduation from EUC’s bachelor programme.
- An intensive programme wherein you meet credit requirements already during your core courses, leaving the Winter and Summer terms for extra credits, re-sits, or study trips.
- A unique balance of choice and structure, in which about one third of your courses are Academic Core requirements, one third are Major requirements, and the rest is up to you.
- A double degree with the arts. Together with our partners Codarts and Willem de Kooning Academy, we offer our students a chance to get a bachelor degree in performing arts or fine arts next to a bachelor degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences.