Security and surveillance
Security Services are responsible for security and surveillance in and around all campus buildings.
Security Services – functions & tasks
- Opening and locking all buildings and offices or public spaces within campus buildings. Surveillance within campus buildings and campus grounds;
- Prevention of burglary, theft and fire accidents;
- Maintaining order and safety on campus and providing security for students, staff, and visitors;
- Ensuring commitment to the university bylaws and regulations regarding security, surveillance and smoking policy;
- In case of criminal activities or suspect persons: repressive measures, contacting the police.
Contacting Security Services
Porter's lodge (building W, main entrance Burgemeester Oudlaan)
(010) 408 1035
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
EMERGENCY phone number Security
In emergencies, please call the EUR alarm number (010) 408 1100.
Requesting additional security or surveillance
For additional security and surveillance during campus events, please contact Meeting & Event Planning, phone (010) 408 1107.
For additonal security and surveillance during extended opening hours, please contact Jelle Jager, head Security Services, phone (010) 408 2930.
Please note: Requests for additional security must be with Meeting & Event Planning at least 5 working days prior to the event or activity.
Rates Security Services
Security and surveillance in and around campus buildings are part of the standard services package of Erasmus Facility Services.
Additional security and surveillance will be charged to applicant on an hourly basis.
Security: questions or suggestions?
Should you have any questions, suggestions or complaints regarding Security Services, please contact Jelle Jager, head Security Services, phone (010) 408 2930.