Many similarities exist between the desired profiles of Dutch universities.
Important focal points for the next couple of years are:
- Internationalisation (greater influx of foreign students, especially for Master’s degree programmes).
- A top international position in the field of Master’s degree education.
- Selection of (a limited number of) key research areas.
- Development of separate organisations for education and research at Master’s/PhD level.
- Graduate schools.
- Recruitment and development of talent.
So the trick is:
- Being reliable and distinguishing in our own strategic choices
- Directly linking the development of a vision to the description of a reliable approach.
 Based on the reading of strategy documents of the University of Amsterdam, Utrecht University, Leiden University, Tilburg University and Maastricht University