Accounting, Auditing and Control
Master of Science (MSc) in Accounting, Auditing and Control
Think critically. Master the latest rules and become an expert in finance and economics.
Go international through courses that will get you to the top in, e.g., accounting, auditing, controlling or consultancy. Master the ins and outs of collecting, categorising, summarising, analysing and using financial data. Get the techniques and frameworks you need to evaluate how auditing and control are done.
Erasmus School of Economics has a strong international reputation. Rotterdam is a world hub for trade and business. Lay a solid foundation with core courses, and build on it by participating actively in intensive seminars. Present papers, dig into the literature, including case studies, and engage critically in discussions. Get on track for your professional qualification as an auditor or a controller, and take advantage of the growing demand for auditors and controllers in auditing firms, industrial giants and management consultancies.
Why study a Master in Accounting, Auditing and Control in Rotterdam?
- the tools to think independently and critically about accounting, auditing and control;
- inspiring professors with ample field experience;
- a vibrant student community in an intellectually challenging environment;
- located in the thrilling international business hub of Rotterdam;
- a career path towards becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Controller.
Talented graduates from the master in Accounting, Auditing and Control are sought after in almost any field of industry, including auditing firms, management consultancies and financial institutions. Your ideal career path to become a:
- Chartered Accountant (RA, CPA)
- Chartered Controller (RC)
- Management Consultant
- Expert in Financial Economy
Graduates of the programme Accounting, Auditing & Control will have:
- deepened their knowledge of theoretical accounting and control frameworks;
- acquired the techniques needed to think independently and critically about how auditing and control are practiced;
- been fully prepared for a career as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Controller.
The MSc in Accounting, Auditing and Control at Erasmus School of Economics has three specialisations (see below), each with its own package of courses and each focusing on one of the main sub-disciplines within the field of Accounting, Auditing and Control.
An important component of the MSc programme is an intensive seminar. Active participation and commitment are important. Students will write and present several papers, present aspects of the literature or case applications, ask questions, be critical and express ideas in class discussions. The last two blocks of the programme are devoted to the Master's thesis.
The master programme Accounting, Auditing and Control is for students who aim for a career in auditing/controlling with primarily internationally oriented organisations. If you have fine analytical skills, an independent mentality, as well as excellent computational abilities and the desire to work in a financial and business environment, this is your master programme.
- A university degree in the field of Economics and for Accounting, equal to a Dutch university diploma.
- (for international diploma holders) An English proficiency test (taken no longer than 2 years before application): TOEFL CB 232 / IB 90 or IELTS 6.5.
If you have a bachelor degree that gives you a firm background in economics and accounting, you may apply for our master programme Accounting, Auditing and Control. The Examination Board will assess whether your background grants you admission.
The application deadline is May 1.
Read more about: Application Master in Accounting, Auditing and Control
Please see below for information about the specialisations within this Master programme.
|Accounting and Auditing ||Full-time||n/a|
|Accounting and Control ||Full-time||n/a|
|Accounting and Finance||Full-time||n/a|