Entrepreneurship and New Business Venturing
Master of Science (MSc) in Entrepreneurship and New Business Venturing
Eager for an entrepreneurial job developing new business or want to start your own company? Then do the MSc in Strategic Entrepreneurship from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University.
If you want to work in an entrepreneurial organisation or start your own business, this programme helps you do it. You will develop the knowledge and skills to enable new businesses to succeed, and develop new business activities for established companies. Internationally oriented and truly interdisciplinary, the programme offers skill-oriented education, the latest knowledge and expert coaching. You will also be challenged to put your own ideas into action and learn from practice.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is ranked as a top 10 player in the Financial Times European Masters in Management list. It has the widest selection of one-year MSc programmes in the Netherlands and is located in a city with a truly international flavour.
Why study a Master in Entrepreneurship and New Business Venturing in Rotterdam?
- It is not about teaching – we challenge you to practise what we preach.
- Employers find our graduates proactive, enthusiastic, and capable of making a difference.
- Graduates starting a new business are well prepared – they do much better than average.
- We continuously strive to improve ourselves to give you a head start in your career.
You will be able to work in any dynamic environment; most likely as a generalist, not a specialist. We recently found that 32% of our graduates works for a high-growth small firm, 25% is at an entrepreneurial corporate such as Google, 21% has their own business, and 22% works in consulting, venture capital or a family business. Employment rates are good (97%).
- acquire an in-depth and thorough understanding of business theory and practice;
- develop essential interdisciplinary and intercultural skills;
- master a highly specialised and cross-disciplinary area of expertise;
- gain an internationally recognised master degree from a renowned business school.
- The Foundations of Entrepreneurship
- Contexts of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Theory in Practice
- Entrepreneurial Start-up
- Entrepreneurial Growth
- Harvest: Ending the venture, Selling it and Starting again
- Researching Entrepreneurship
- Governance and Strategic Challenges of Family Enterprises
- Getting Things Done Without Resources: Bootstrapping Theory and Practice
- New Business Development
- New Venture Planning
- Strategic Entrepreneurship: capturing value from opportunities
- Honours Class: Learning from entrepreneurial hot-spots
- Entrepreneurial Challenge: Study Trip & Business Project
Read more about: Curriculum Master in Entrepreneurship and New Business Venturing
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
This one-year full-time programme is for individuals with a bachelor degree who want to work in an entrepreneurial role or to develop new business and contribute to the growth of existing companies. In addition to bachelors in business, economics, industrial design or science, we are open to students from other disciplines – please check our admission criteria.
- Undergraduate degree from a research university with specified course content
- GMAT > 600
- GPA equivalent to 7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS)
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Master in Entrepreneurship and New Business Venturing