International Public Management and Policy
Master of Science (MSc) in International Public Management and Policy
Learn about public management and policy in a world facing shared problems, and launch a career in one of the many fields characterised by internationalisation!
Public policy has gone international: organisations such as the EU and the UN are growing in importance. Master the theories, concepts and skills you need to work effectively in this time of increasing internationalisation!
EUR is a top university in Rotterdam, “the gateway to Europe”. Our top-notch faculty is active in the field of public administration, political science, international relations, and European integration and participates regularly in policy debates. Tackle global issues such as international conflict, poverty, migration, environmental protection and corruption. Build a career at a public or private sector organisation!
Why study a Master in International Public Management and Policy in Rotterdam?
- the opportunity to interact intensively with an international student group and academics with strong international reputations;
- one of the largest public administration departments in Europe.
- a closely supervised individual research project;
- study trip to international organisations and European institutions;
- emphasis on professional development;
- personal touch.
The master is the basis for a career at international and national level, such as international organizations, the EU, central government, local authorities, international NGO's, multinationals, consultancy firms, think tanks and research institutes. Graduates may become: policy officials, policy advisors, consultants, or lobbyists or project leaders.
- gain awareness of the increasingly international nature of public management and policy;
- understand international developments from a multidisciplinary perspective;
- learn to analyse international ‘space’ by applying up to date theories and concepts;
- gain the tools to operate effectively in an international environment;
and gain a master’s degree!
- Global Governance;
- International Organization and Development
- European Union Policy Making
- European Union Governance;
- Comparative Public Policy;
- International Public Management;
- Research Design;
- Preparation Labor Market;
- Research Project (Thesis).
Read more about: Curriculum Master in International Public Management and Policy
We offer a variety of teaching formats including interactive lectures, working groups, and simulations. The program also entails an excursion to Geneva to visit international organizations.
This 1-year International Public Management and Policy master programme is meant for recent graduates in Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations, European Studies or related disciplines.
An academic programme for graduates with the ambition of becoming policy and decision makers in the internationalized public arena.
- Relevant Bachelor’s/undergraduate degree from a research university
- Proficiency in English
- Motivation and international orientation
- Academic performance
Do you meet the requirements?
- If you have a non-Dutch diploma, you start your application in the EUR Admissions Portal.
- If you have a Dutch secondary education diploma, you need to register with Studielink.
Please note: an International or European Baccalaureate is a non-Dutch diploma, even if it is obtained in the Netherlands!
For most programmes, Studielink opens in October prior to your starting year. For programmes with a selective admission a different procedure may be applicable.
Read more about: Application Master in International Public Management and Policy