Management of Innovation
Master of Science (MSc) in Management of Innovation
The MSc in Management of Innovation at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University provides you with a solid foundation to become a future leader in innovation.
Learn how to create, develop and implement innovations such as new products, new services, new processes, and new business models. Acquire creativity, project management, portfolio management and other innovation management skills.
Tap into state-of-the art academic knowledge and the extensive experience of professionals from multinationals and innovative start-ups through real-life teaching cases, interactive guest lectures, company visits, and business projects.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is ranked as a top 10 player in the Financial Times European Masters in Management list. It has the widest selection of one-year MSc programmes in the Netherlands and is located in a city with a truly international flavour.
Why study a Master in Management of Innovation in Rotterdam?
- State-of-the-art knowledge on innovation management in all its commercial, social, financial, technical and legal dimensions.
- Academic insights combined with real-world teaching cases.
- Several opportunities to gain practical experience.
- The chance to meet innovation management experts such as executives from both multinational companies and innovative start-ups.
Graduates enjoy excellent career prospects in a wide range of positions such as innovation manager supporting development teams in a technology environment, new business developer in a service environment, or innovation consultant. They work in large multinational companies but also small and medium-sized enterprises. Other graduates started their own business.
Read more about: Career opportunities Master in Management of Innovation
- learn to understand how organisations achieve the competitive edge through innovation;
- learn about development and exploitation of new products and services as an innovation manager of the future;
- develop strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- learn to define overall product strategy.
- Strategy of Innovation
- Organisation of Innovation
- Open Innovation
- Innovation Projects and Teams
- Thesis Research Skills
- Creativity for Innovation
- Innovation and Interface Management
- New Business Development (SE/MI)
- Patent Law and Strategy for managers
- Cradle to cradle & circular economy (GBSM/SCM/MI)
- Mastering networks for Innovation
- Managing innovation in services
- MI Company-based Research Project
Read more about: Curriculum Master in Management of Innovation
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
Read more about: Mode of education Master in Management of Innovation
This one year, full-time programme is for recent bachelor graduates with a background in business administration, economics, science and business, engineering, industrial design or related fields, who have the ambition to become experts in innovation management.
- Undergraduate degree from a research university with specified course content
- GMAT > 600
- GPA equivalent to 7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS)
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Management of Innovation
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Master in Management of Innovation