Master of Science (MSc) in Marketing Management
International faculty at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University teaching students on the MSc in Marketing Management programme are able to demonstrate marketing strategies and tactics that influence business decisions.
A deep understanding of such marketing issues leads to successful ideas and strategies for driving business performance.
RSM’s MSc in Marketing Management studies the marketing process, examining strategies and tactics in a practically oriented, research-driven and internationally-focused study programme. Our university has a strong international reputation in marketing teaching and research. First career steps include account manager, media planner or advertising strategist.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is ranked as a top tier player by the Financial Times European Masters in Management list. It has the widest selection of one-year MSc programmes in the Netherlands and is located in a city with a truly international flavour.
Why study a Master in Marketing Management in Rotterdam?
- comprehensive insights into consumer behaviour, and practical tactics for integrating this knowledge into solid marketing strategies;
- focus on a key functional area as an excellent preparation for a top management role;
- mix of lectures, case studies, group work, simulations and experiential learning;
- intensive collaboration with practitioners outside the classroom.
Marketing is a key element in top management decisions. The Marketing Management (MM) master programme is a perfect starting point for a career as a product/brand manager, market researcher, account manager, media planner, advertising strategist, or other related position. MM master graduates have the skills to climb the corporate ladder to more senior positions.
Read more about: Career opportunities Master in Marketing Management
- learn how marketing management drives company performance;
- gain insights into consumer behaviour;
- develop strategies and tactics that ensure the success of products and services;
- learn to find and maintain a strategic fit between the organisation and its changing environment;
- develop the skills for a successful career;
and gain an MSc in Marketing Management.
- Consumer Behaviour
- Consumer Marketing Research
- Personal Professional Development
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Strategy Research
- Thesis Topic Development
- MM Thesis Clinic
- Advertising and communication
- International Product Management
- Marketing Analytics
- Digital marketing strategy
- Customer Experience Management
- Social Media
- Nudging consumer choice
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Pricing: Creating and Capturing Value
- Marketing of New Products
- Brand Management
- Online Customer Behaviour in the Age of Disruption
- Big data analytics for marketing insight
- Marketing Management Honours course
Read more about: Curriculum Master in Marketing Management
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
This one year, full-time master programme is for recent bachelor graduates with a background in business administration, economics, marketing or communications. It is aimed at graduates whose ambition is to gain in-depth knowledge of marketing management and its role as a key driver of a company’s performance. It provides a solid base for a career in top management.
- Undergraduate degree from a research university with specified course content
- GMAT ≥600
- GPA equivalent to ≥7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS)
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Marketing Management
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Master in Marketing Management