Pedagogy and Education
Master of Science (MSc) in Pedagogy and Education
Interested in youth, families, and schools with multiple and complex urban problems? Enhance your understanding as to the role of a pedagogical professional, policymaker, consultant, or researcher by enrolling in the Master in Pedagogy and Education at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Why study a Master in Pedagogy and Education in Rotterdam?
- Get specialised. Become a professional in the field of Educational Sciences or Child & Family Studies;
- Hands-on. The structure of the programme and the Problem Based Learning system allows students to put theory into practice while studying;
- Personal touch. Intensive interaction between lecturers and students, small classes, and accessible teachers;
- The city of Rotterdam. The most culturally diverse city in the Netherlands.
Is it your ambition to work in the field of pedagogy or education? Think about jobs in child protection services, youth residential organisations and educational institutes. Increasingly, these organisations yearn for professionals who are able to act upon complex problems. You might be the right candidate for them!
- Apply intervention programmes for children, families, and in school, and test the effectiveness of these programmes;
- Contribute to educational innovation and policy, focusing on diversity and urban problems;
- Use your knowledge and skills in development, parenting, and education to collaborate with professionals in the field.
*This master programme does not lead to a teaching qualification
The Master’s degree programme offers two specialisations:
- Educational Sciences
- Child & Family Studies: Parenting in Contemporary Society
The didactic approach in this programme is Problem Based Learning (PBL). In PBL, students work actively in small groups on issues related to the field of their specialisation. You’ll learn to put theory into practice, and you get trained in academic and professional skills. Both national and international experts provide lectures.
Read more about: Mode of education Master in Pedagogy and Education
Are you passionate about the well-being of children, youth and families? Do you wonder about what does and does not work in families, schools, and youth care organizations and in policy? Then this master is the right choice for you.
- Relevant Bachelor’s (BA / BSc) degree from a research university in education, child and family studies, child development, psychology or pedagogy.
- English language proficiency
- Academic performance
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Pedagogy and Education
Read more about: Application Master in Pedagogy and Education