Pedagogy and Education
Master of Science (MSc) in Pedagogy and Education
Interested in youth, families and schools with multiple and complex problems? Enrich your role as Pedagogical professional, Teacher, Policymaker or Researcher by obtaining a Master’s in Pedagogy and Education.
Why study a Master in Pedagogy and Education in Rotterdam?
- A tailor-made programme; you can chose out of a variety of electives.
- Hands-on: the structure of the programme and the Problem Based Learning system allows students to put theory into practice while studying;
- Personal touch: intensive interaction between lecturers and students, small classes and accessible teachers;
- The city of Rotterdam, which is the most cultural diverse city in The Netherlands.
Is it your ambition to work in the fields of pedagogy and education? Think about jobs in child protection services, youth residential organizations and educational institutes. Increasingly, these organizations yearn for pedagogues who are able to act within both singular and complex problems. You might be the right candidate for them!
After graduation you are able to:
- Apply, evaluate and adapt current programs and policies in the field of pedagogy and education and contribute to innovations
- Collaborate with professionals in both the pedagogical and educational field.
- Understand the complexity of multiform societies and act accordingly
*This master programme does not lead to a teaching qualification
- Amongst others: Fit between Pedagogy and Education,
- Research design and methodology,
- Child and Media; Educational innovation , Non-maternal Care, Optimal learning.
The didactic approach in this program is Problem Based Learning (PBL). In PBL, students work actively in small groups on pedagogical problems. International recognized pedagogues or experts from the professional field provide lectures. Finally, you’ll train your academic and professional skills in skills training.
Read more about: mode of education Master in Pedagogy and Education
Are you passionate about the well-being of children, youth and families? Do you wonder about what does and does not work in families, schools, health care organizations and in policy? Then this master is the right choice for you.
- Relevant Bachelor’s (BA / BSc) degree from a research university in education, pedagogy, child and family studies or child development
- English language proficiency
- Academic performance
Read more about: admission criteria Master in Pedagogy and Education
To apply, students need to fill in an application form and attach a number of documents. The Dutch academic year runs from 1st September until 31st August. Applications should reach the University by May 15 (for non EU/EEA students) and 1 July (for EU/EEA students) if you wish to begin on 1st September. We advise you to apply earlier than that if possible.
Read more about: application Master in Pedagogy and Education