Master of Science (MSc) in Psychology
Do you wish to comprehend human behaviour? We offer you one of the best master programmes in Psychology in the Netherlands.
Are you interested in the ways to compose the best-performing team, or to select the right people for a job? Are you curious how brain structures are involved in processing and representing emotions and actions? Did you ever wonder how people learn? How can you teach a child to read, or a pilot to fly an aircraft? If one of the answers is yes, our Master’s degree programme might be perfect for you!
The MSc in Psychology is a one-year graduate programme designed to provide students with the analytical skills and conceptual knowledge to be able to work independently in the field of their desired specialisation. The programme deals with recent developments in the research field and uses the most advanced research methods.
Why study a Master in Psychology in Rotterdam?
- This is an intensive programme that emphasises psychology as it is practised.
- It is oriented toward problem-solving, and you work in small groups solve to psychological issues.
- The programme offers a strong emphasis and first-rate preparation for a career in education, business or research.
A number of possibilities await you as a psychologist. Depending on your specialty you can become a human-resources manager, a trainer, a career counsellor, a youth worker, an educational advisor, a therapist, or a developmental psychologist. You can become a researcher at a university or in the pharmaceutical industry, or get started with a counselling office.
Once you graduate you will be able to work in healthcare, business, or education doing any of the following:
- Gather information in a scientific manner;
- Formulate diagnoses and strategies for improvement;
- Draw up and carry out action plans for individuals or groups;
- Note down your results.
The programme of the Master in Psychology consists of :
- Three courses in the field of your specialisation (for example a course in Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, Personnel selection or Innovation in Learning Environments);
- A course in Advanced Research Methods (statistics);
- A research project resulting in a master's thesis and practical internship (optional).
In the Master in Psychology, we use Problem Based Learning (PBL). In PBL, students work together in small groups on different psychological problems. Students have an active role and are responsible for their learning process. Once a week you will have a lecture and you will gain experience working as a psychologist in various practical exercises and skills trainings.
Students with a fascination for the workings of the human mind do well to sign up for Erasmus University Rotterdam master programme Psychology. The programme is open to students with a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and offers a choice of three specialisations: Brain and Cognition, Organisational Psychology and Psychology of Human Learning and Performance.
The Master in Psychology is open to students with a bachelor’s degree in Psychology who have followed some courses in the field of their specialization. In addition, you need to submit a transcript, proof of English proficiency, a letter of motivation, a resume and a letter of recommendation.
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Psychology
Read more about: Application Master in Psychology
Please see below for information about the specialisation within this master programme. Whether a specialisation is offered full-time or part-time, is indicated accordingly.
|Brain and Cognition||Full-time||n/a|
|Psychology of Human Learning and Performance||Full-time||n/a|