Master of Science (MSc) in Strategic Management
The Msc in Strategic Management from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University focuses on three activities: analysis, formulation and implementation of business strategy and direction.
A broadly-applicable and highly-marketable qualification taking an in-depth look at strategic analysis and the formulation and implementation of strategies: RSM’s MSc in Strategic Management focuses on delivering the skills needed to manage the strategic direction of an organisation
This programme uses scientific knowledge to prepare you for a career in organisational leadership, combining first-hand research insights with an extensive international business network.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is ranked as a top tier player by the Financial Times European Masters in Management list. It has the widest selection of one-year MSc programmes in the Netherlands and is located in a city with a truly international flavour.
Why study a Master in Strategic Management in Rotterdam?
- latest insights into managerial strategy from one of Europe's top tier business schools;
- an in-depth look at strategic analysis and the formulation and implementation of strategies;
- international orientation with latest expertise in international management, and through an international mix of students and staff;
- practical training for skills, rooted in scientific knowledge.
Highly-skilled master graduates in Strategic Management are regularly sought by recruiters for top international companies. Master graduates are qualified to take on a wide range of positions including management consultant, business analyst, strategic advisor, or general manager. Graduates have solid foundation skills that can also be applied to entrepreneurial start-ups.
Read more about: Career opportunities Master in Strategic Management
- learn how to develop the strategic direction of an organisation;
- acquire the latest scientific and practical knowledge essential for managing multinational corporations;
- prepare for your future role as organisational leader or senior manager;
- develop strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
and gain an MSc in Strategic Management.
- Managing Strategy Formulation
- Managing Strategy Implementation
- Corporate Development: Strategies for Acquisitions and Alliances
- Strategy & International Business
- Research clinic in strategic management
- Research & Methods (three forms)
- Strategic Management Consulting
- Offshoring and Outsourcing IT and Business Services
- Strategies for building an effective managerial skillset
- Management control
- Sustainable Strategies
- Competitive strategies in platforms and networked markets
- Strategic Leadership and Corporate Governance
- Escaping the iron cage: strategic responses to institutional pressures
- A Managerial Perspective on Mergers & Acquisitions
- Organisational Identity: Managing Strategic Change and Company Image
- Managing innovation with alliances and acquisitions
- Dancing between the supply and demand of capital: Venture capital investments
- Non-market competition: winning the political and social arenas
- Family Business
Read more about: Curriculum Master in Strategic Management
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
This one-year, full-time master programme is for recent bachelor graduates with a background in business administration, economics, public administration or engineering. It focuses on graduates interested in developing a detailed overview of business strategy. Strategic Management (SM) masters are dynamic, intelligent and motivated and have the ambition to become senior organisational leaders.
- Undergraduate degree from a research university with specified course content
- GMAT ≥600
- GPA equivalent to ≥7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS)
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Strategic Management
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Master in Strategic Management