Supply Chain Management
Master of Science (MSc) in Supply Chain Management
As a neighbour of Europe’s busiest port, Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus University is a leader in researching Supply Chain Management (SCM).
Supply Chain Management comes from first-hand knowledge and expertise.
Rotterdam is Europe's busiest port and the focus of a logistics network that stretches beyond Dutch borders. With the port as neighbour, RSM has built a wealth of knowledge and expertise in SCM research and education.
Work towards finding a competitive edge in business through exploration of logistical concepts and cutting-edge IT knowledge with the MSc in Supply Chain Management at RSM in this busy international port city.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is ranked as a top tier player by the Financial Times European Masters in Management list. It has the widest selection of MSc programmes in the Netherlands and is located in a city with a truly international flavour.
Why study a Master in Supply Chain Management in Rotterdam?
- an integrated approach to supply chain design;
- cutting-edge insights into the application of information technology in supply chains;
- intensive contacts with the logistics and supply chain management business community;
- wealth of knowledge and expertise in supply chain management.
This programme offers a sound basis for careers in logistics improvement project management, consultancy and design. Drawing on longstanding relationships with recruiters, our professional Career Services staff is committed to helping you market your skills effectively to potential employers, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
Upon graduation you will have:
- A thorough knowledge of the contribution of supply chain management to overall business strategy.
- The capability to analyse and fine-tune international supply chain structures.
- The competencies needed to anticipate and react to new developments in supply chain management.
- Managing the Supply Chain
- Global Logistics & Information Technology
- Operations research methods
- Purchasing & Supply Management
- Facility Logistics Management
- Research methodology and design
- Distribution Networks
- Closed Loop Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Simulation
- Strategic Sourcing
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Cradle to Cradle & circular economy
- Service Logistics & Operations
- Ports in Global Networks
- Cradle to Cradle & circular economy
- Supply chain forecasting
- Healthcare procurement & value chain management
- SCM Company-based Research Project
Read more about: Curriculum Master in Supply Chain Management
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
Logistics and supply networks are essential to global trade. The master programme in Supply Chain Management is for those seeking to analyse this most dynamic of business processes. Learning about the complexities of supplier collaboration at one of Europe's top business schools, located in Europe’s largest commercial port city could be the key to an international career.
- Undergraduate degree from a research university with specified course content
- GMAT ≥ 600
- GPA equivalent to ≥7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS)
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Supply Chain Management
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Master in Supply Chain Management