Master of Science (MSc) in Clinical Research
Patient care and clinical research: what a combination. Learn both how to produce the best diagnoses and provide the best treatment, and get ready for a dual career as a clinician and a researcher.
No two patients are the same. Learn how to do the clinical trials and test the methods that group both patients and diseases, and contribute to future possibilities for individual diagnoses and therapies.
This researchmaster is the result of a partnership between Netherlands Institute for Health Sciences (NIHES), the Cardiovascular Research School (COEUR) and Molecular Medicine School (MolMed) at Erasmus MC. Pursue research opportunities in a range of fields such as endocrinology, cardiovascular research, various subfields in oncology, pediatrics, obstetrics, urology, transplantation medicine, gastroenterology and hepatology, surgical research, and musculoskeletal science. Get methodological and practical training, and go on to a career researching a wide range of subjects, or in an executive or advisory position in drug research or health policy.
Why study a Research Master in Clinical Research in Rotterdam?
- a solid theoretical, methodological, and statistical basis for designing and implementing a research project;
- the opportunity to conduct an extensive research project under the guidance of a personal tutor;
- a stimulating international study environment;
- lectures by prominent national and international scientists.
The degree prepares you for a career in international research.
Once you graduate you will:
- Have a thorough grounding in existing methods in scientific research
- Be able to formulate a problem, translate it into a scientific question and, in turn, into a research protocol.
- Be able to study the literature on a given problem.
- Be able to gather and analyse data.
- Be able to draw conclusions.
- Be able to set these out in articles you submit to international peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Ambitious students with a bachelor degree in medicine, who want to help to improve diagnosis and treatment through research, sign up for the master programme Clinical Research at Erasmus MC. Your path to success as a clinician, intern involved in research or as a medical scientist. Every patient is different; every diagnosis is, too.
You are a medical or nanobiology student of Erasmus MC.
Do you meet the requirements? Start your application in Studielink. For most programmes, Studielink opens in October prior to your starting year. After your application in Studielink, Erasmus University Rotterdam informs you on the further application procedure.
Read more about: Application Research Master in Clinical Research