Master of Science (MScMM) in Molecular Medicine
Bring yourself to the forefront of developments in biomedical science. Work with acclaimed research groups, do extensive research, and write up a thesis.
This two-year (120 ECTS) research master's programme focuses on genetic, molecular, and cellular principles of health and disease. Learn experimental design and technical approaches currently in use, such as cell and tissue culture, live cell imaging, genomic and proteomic technologies, genetic modification, generation of small animal models, and more.
The MSc Molecular Medicine faculty members include leading international scientists in biomedical research. Upon graduation, you will be a preferred and qualified candidate for PhD positions within Erasmus MC, and other high-ranking and international research institutions.
Why study a Research Master in Molecular Medicine in Rotterdam?
- textbook courses in the first year;
- two large laboratory research projects;
- opportunities to work with internationally acclaimed research groups;
- lectures and seminars throughout the programme.
The MSc Molecular Medicine degree can lead to:
- a PhD position in basic research;
- a career at a company or institute as a life science researcher at the MSc level;
- combined with a background in medicine:a position as clinical researcher, involved in the initiation and supervision of translational clinical research projects.
Read more about: Career opportunities Research Master in Molecular Medicine
- MSc Thesis with the quality of a publication in an international journal.
- Master degree MSc.
Textbook courses run mainly in the first year of the programme. As an apprentice scientist, you will be involved in two larger laboratory research projects, of 6 months and 12 months, respectively.
Read more about: Curriculum Research Master in Molecular Medicine
Driven students with a bachelor in nanobiology, biochemistry, nanobiology or related studies. A career as a life science researcher awaits.
- BSc in any of the biomedical sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, nanobiology, medicine), or;
- BASc from Dutch higher vocational training programme in biomedical laboratory techniques (HBO-BML);
- personal motivation, assessed by written statement and/or (internet) interview;
- TOEFL 575 / 232 / 90 or IELTS 6.5, or comparable English proficiency;
- overall performance in previous educational programmes.
Read more about: Admission criteria Research Master in Molecular Medicine
Do you meet the requirements? Start your application in Studielink. After your application in Studielink, Erasmus University Rotterdam will informs you about next steps.
Read more about: Application Research Master in Molecular Medicine