Free mover possibillities
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) offers international students who want to add an international dimension to their degrees the possibility to take non-degree courses at our university. In order to do so they will need to apply for admission, which is subject to certain entry requirements. Being in your third year of university is just one of these requirements. Additional requirement may differ per faculty/school. This information is listed on the individual faculty/school websites (please see below).
As a free mover student you will have to arrange much of your stay at EUR by yourself. Your contact person at the faculty/school, however, may assist you throughout the process.
Please note that Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM), Erasmus School of Economics and Erasmus School of Law (ESL) do not accept any free mover students.
Application procedure for free movers
- Select non-degree courses you want to attend at EUR. The courses are available for all students as long as students meet the entry requirements. You should be at least in your third year of university education.
- Fill out Free Mover Application Form and send it in together with the required documents to:
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Co-ordinator Free Mover Applications
P.O. Box 1738
3000 DR Rotterdam
Required documents for free mover application
- A fully completed Free Mover Application Form
- A latest proof of registration at your home university
- An official transcript of records of your home university
- A letter of recommendation from the contact person of your home university
- A curriculum vitae (résume)
- A photocopy of the relevant pages of your passport
- Proficiency in English, either one of these tests:
TOEFL: minimum score 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 for BA-programmes, 90 for MA-courses (internet-based)
IELTS: minimum score 6.0
Cambridge CAE test (level A-C)
Cambridge CPE test (level A-C)
Note that all documents should be in English. Incomplete applications will not be processed!
Deadlines for application
- 1st semester (term starting in September 2013) 3 June 2013
- 2nd semester (term starting in January 2014) 18 November 2013
- Processing of application takes approximately 6 weeks.
- When all required documents are in order, an enrolment form together with an explanation of payment of the tuition fee will be sent to the address indicated on the application form. Wait until you receive this form.
- Complete and return the enrolment form.
- There is an enrolment fee free mover students which includes examination costs. More information can be obtained from the relevant faculty or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your enrolment is complete, you will receive a letter with the tuition fee and the bank account details for the transfer of the tuition fee.
- After the enrolment form and payment have been received, a student card will be made and can be collected at the host faculty after arrival.
- Enrolment for the courses does not mean automatic registration for exams! Information about exams is available at the Faculty or School concerned.