Academic Affairs Support
The Academic Affairs Support department is involved in:
- Student, education and research policy, including both policy preparation and implementation;
- Quality assurance for education and research;
- Information management;
- Functional management of Metis and Blackboard;
- Web editing of the SSC Education, Research and Student Affairs sites;
- Legislation in the field of education and students;
- Monitoring the legislative process and informing those involved within the university.
The work of the department is performed for and in cooperation with faculties, researchers, the Executive Board, SSC Education, Research and Student Affairs and the other SSCs and staff services. By maintaining close contact with organisations such as NWO, VSNU, the Ministry of OCW, KNAW, Nuffic, NVAO and QANU, national developments are closely monitored by the staff of the department, making it possible to translate such developments to EUR.