Its core duty is supporting and implementing the student policy of the university. The strategic outlook of the university offers the framework for this. The policy is shaped via coordination with the faculties and the students.
The themes of the student policy of the university are:
- Foreign students: preparation of projects, such as Talent and responsibility (2006-2008) and TRIO Rotterdam (2009-2010);
- Students with a functional limitation: preparation of projects, such as Studying without barriers (2006-2008);
- International mobility of students: improvement of the information, processes and facilities based on the views of students, such as the International Student Barometer;
- Financial aid for graduation and management grants: translation of legal requirements into institutional regulations;
- Legal position of students: set-up of complaints procedure and notification of rights and duties via the student charter.
Other work involves:
- The secretariat of the university committee Kennismakingstijd Studentengezelligheidsverenigingen (the ‘Bart’ committee).