The focus of EUR is relatively narrow, concentrating on the areas of Health, Wealth, Governance and Culture.
Education and students
- Students in Bachelor’s degree programmes mainly come from Rotterdam and the surrounding area (from the region of Zuid-Holland), with the exception of medicine (limited-enrolment course).
- International Bachelor’s degree programmes have an influx from many countries.
- The city of Rotterdam has a relatively low number of VWO (pre-university secondary) students and a relatively high number of students from ethnic minorities at VWO schools.
- According to the most recent education inspections (note that the results date back several years), EUR generally scores around the average in terms of education quality.
- Business studies scores higher than the competition.
- EUR has a strong position relating to post-initial education.
- Medical research at EUR is among the best in the Netherlands. Philosophy and business administration score between above-average and good, and economics and law score average/below average (based on inspection figures from several years ago!).
- EUR is good at multidisciplinary, application-oriented research.
Finance and buildings
- EUR has a healthy financial position.
- EUR has relatively low housing costs.
- EUR has a relatively high income from tertiary and other cash flows; the secondary cash flow is lagging behind at Woudestein.