As part of the Employment Conditions Selection Model (ECSM), you can allocate various sources tax-free for accruing additional pension.
- Time - a maximum of 10 leave days
- Money - holiday allowance and/or end-of-year bonus
Accruing additional pension is tax-free as long as the amounts fall within your tax scope.
- You can apply for additional pension by submitting a completed Additional Pension ECSM application form, signed and accompanied by any documentary evidence required, to the HR department of your organisational unit.
- You must indicate the amount that you wish to allocate each month in the form.
- You must also complete and append a General Pension Fund for Public Employees (ABP) form.
- Since the money sources decrease your salary, you do not pay tax or social security contributions on these sources. This means that the amount of a benefit under the Unemployment Insurance Act or Work and Income (Capacity for Work) Act may be lower.
- If you use leave days, they will be used as the first source.
ABP provides more information about saving for additional pension. In addition, an ABP consultant is present on campus four times a year to answer your questions. For the exact dates, please see current HR issues.
Please contact your HR department for more information and/or if you have any questions.