Investing in life-course
As part of the Employment Conditions Selection Model (ECSM), you can select to occasionally make a tax-free deposit into your life-course savings account.
- Time - a maximum of 10 leave days
- Money – holiday allowance, end-of-year bonus and/or salary
- Making a deposit into the life-course savings account is only possible if you had a balance of at least € 3,000 on 31 December 2011, as described in the life-course savings scheme.
- You may only make a tax-free deposit for your life-course savings if you have a life-course savings account.
- If you opt to use a money source, you must select a fixed amount or a fixed percentage.
- If you use your holiday allowance as a source, you must submit your request in April at the latest. For the end-of-year bonus the deadline is November.
You can apply to make a life-course savings scheme deposit by submitting a completed and signed Life-Course Savings Scheme ECSM application form to the HR department of your organisational unit.
- Since the money sources decrease your salary, you do not pay tax or social security contributions on these sources. This means that the amount of a benefit under the Unemployment Insurance Act or Work and Income (Capacity for Work) Act may be lower.
- The deposit is made within two months, at the same time as your salary payment.
Please contact your HR department for more information and/or if you have any questions.