Incorporating courses into your elective space
You can fill your elective space of the bachelor programme with courses from the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), but it is also possible to fill your elective space with courses from outside the ESE. You can take courses at other Faculties of Erasmus University or at other Universities in The Netherlands or abroad.
You do not need permission of the Examination Board to incorporate ESE’s courses into your elective space. You do need the permission of the Examination Board to takes courses from outside the ESE as electives.
Writing a request
Use the online form 'Request to the Examination Board' to hand in your request.
Pay special attention to the following aspects:
- You should fill in this form completely and truthfully.
- Give at least the following information in your explanation:
- A clear description of the course(s) you want to incorporate into your elective space;
- Institution where you took the course(s);
- Calculation and proof of the student workload of the course. If you want to incorporate a course from a university abroad you have to present a clear calculation of the student work load in ECTS credits.
- Attach the following documents to your request: relevant supportive information, such as a grade list or course literature.
Handing in your request
The Examination Board will process complete and clear requests only. Incomplete and unclear request will not be processed and will be returned to the student. Requests handed in via e-mail will not be taken into consideration. If your request is taken into consideration you will not receive a written receipt. You will receive the decision of the Examination Board by regular mail within six weeks.
If you would like to know more about the status of your request, please contact the Information Desk of the Education Service Centre.
You can only contact the Examination Board by writing. The Examination Board does not speak to students in person and does not give explanation about its decisions orally.