Staff Public Administration
W.A.H Spekkink MSc.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen
Cap groep Bestuurskunde
No positions found
Wouter Spekkink is a PhD student within the public administration department since August 1st, 2010. He studied Public Administration at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. Wouter wrote his master thesis on the redevelopment of business sites. He investigated how the perspectives of actors on the complexity of redevelopment projects influences their capacity to address redevelopment in a collective manner. After obtaining his master degree, Wouter worked at the Public Administration department of the EUR as a junior researcher for one year. He participated in two research projects, one of which was about the redevelopment of a neighbourhood of the city of Rotterdam, and one of which was about evolution of industrial symbiosis in industrial parks in the Netherlands. Wouter’s PhD project is to some extent a continuation of the industrial symbiosis project. In his PhD project Wouter studies the role of social and organizational aspects in the emergence and development of industrial symbiosis between firms in regional industrial systems. Adefining feature of his research is the application of a process- oriented approach.
- Boons, F.A.A., Spekkink, W.A.H. & Jiao, W. (2013). A process perspective on industrial symbiosis: Theory, methodology and application. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- Spekkink, W.A.H. (2013). Institutional capacity building for industrial symbiosis in the Canal Zone of Zeeland in the Netherlands: a process analysis. Journal of Cleaner Production, 52, 342-355.
- Boons, F.A.A. & Spekkink, W.A.H. (2012). Levels of institutional capacity and actor expectations about industrial symbiosis: evidence from the Dutch stimulation program 1999 - 2004. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 16(1), 61-69.
- Boons, F.A.A. & Spekkink, W.A.H. (2012). A Method for Policy Dynamics: How History Matters. 2012 NIG Annual Work Conference: Leuven (2012, november 29 - 2012, november 30).
- Spekkink, W.A.H. & Schipper, D. (2012). The Coordination of Co-Siting in the Chemical Process Industry. 2012 NIG Annual Work Conference: Leuven (2012, november 29 - 2012, november 30).
- Boons, F.A.A. & Spekkink, W.A.H. (2012). Governance as a process. 7th Conference on Interpretive Policy Analysis: Tilburg, The Netherlands (2012, juli 05 - 2012, juli 07).
- Spekkink, W.A.H., Eshuis, J., Loorbach, D.A., Roorda, C.S., Stuiver, M. & Steenbergen, F.S. van (2012). Area Based Transition Management: An analysis of challenges and tensions in two Dutch case studies. Interpretive Policy Analyis (IPA): Tilburg (2012, juli 05 - 2012, juli 07).
- Spekkink, W.A.H. & Verweij, S. (2011). Understanding and researching complex governance processes: Towards a multi-method approach based on qualitative comparative analysis (QCA) and event sequence analysis (ESA). Netherlands Institute of Government Annual Work Conference: Rotterdam, The Netherlands (2011, december 01 - 2011, december 02).
- Boons, F.A.A., Baas, L.W., Baumann, K., Brullot, S., Davis, C., Deutz, P., Eklund, M., Gibbs, D., Isenmann, R., Koorevaar, G., Massard, G., Romero, E., Sakr, D., Spekkink, W.A.H. & Verguts, V. (2011). Industrial symbiosis in Europe. ISIE 6th International conference on industrial Ecology. Science, systems, and Sustainability: Berkeley (CAL) (2011, juni 07 - 2011, juni 10).
- Spekkink, W.A.H. & Boons, F.A.A. (2011). The governance of industrial symbiosis. ISIE 6th International conference on industrial Ecology. Science, systems, and Sustainability.: Berkeley, CAL. (2011, juni 07 - 2011, juni 10).
- Boons, F.A.A., Spekkink, W.A.H. & Mouzakitis, Y. (2011). The dynamics of industrial symbiosis: A proposal for a conceptual framework based upon a comprehensive literature review. Journal of Cleaner Production, 19, 905-911.
- Boons, F.A.A. & Spekkink, W.A.H. (2010). Country report The Netherlands. Workshop Industrial symbiosis in Europe: Rotterdam, The Netherlands (2010, januari 28 - 2010, januari 30).
- Spekkink, W.A.H. & Boons, F.A.A. (2010). A varieties of capitalism approach to EIP development. Sustainable Development Conference, Hongkong, May-June 2010: .
- Boons, F.A.A., Mouzakitis, Y. & Spekkink, W.A.H. (2009). Projects, Parks, and Policy programs: The Evolution of Eco-Industrial Parks in The Netherlands, 1999-2009. In S. El-Haggar, D. Sakr & L. El-Hatow (Eds.), Sustainable development around the globe. Cairo: AUC.
- Boons, F.A.A., Spekkink, W.A.H. & Stift, N. (2012). Duurzame industriele clusters: wat werkt? Milieu: opinieblad van de Vereniging van Milieuprofessionals (VVM), Oktober(nr 6), 45-47.
|No courses known|