Research colloquia are based on a joint interest of Ph.D. students and senior members, from different member universities, in a similar topic or field. Colloquia are headed by two senior members, who organize meetings on a regular basis (on average twice a year). During these meetings Ph.D. students and senior members present and discuss their research.
Next to this feedback function, colloquia also have a product oriented focus; the members of a colloquium can, for example, decide to carry out research together, or write a form of publication together (book, article, paper, special issue).
In sum, colloquia serve three main functions:
- to expand the network of researchers in similar fields of interest;
- to offer feedback to Ph.D. students and young researchers on their work; and
- to produce useful output, which fits with the NIG research program.
The NIG office supports the convenors of the colloquia, financially and otherwise.
Currently there are the following colloquia:
- Goed Bestuur/Good Governance chaired by dr. Gjalt de Graaf (VU), prof.dr. Cor van Montfort (UvT),prof.dr. Leo Huberts (VU), dr. Zeger van der Wal (VU).
- Professionals under Pressure chaired by prof.dr Mirko Noordegraaf (Utrecht University) and prof.dr Bram Steijn (Erasmus University Rotterdam).
- Regulatory governance: agencies and beyond’ chaired by dr. Martijn Groenleer (TUD), dr. Sandra van Thiel (EUR), dr. Esther Versluis (UM), dr. Kutsal Yesilkagit (UU).
- Water Governance chaired by Prof.dr. Jurian Edelenbos & Dr. Arwin van Buuren, Erasmus University Rotterdam and Prof.dr. Stefan Kuks, University of Twente.