The Erasmus Journal for Philosophy and Economics (EJPE)
The Erasmus Journal for Philosophy and Economics (EJPE) is a peer-reviewed bi-annual academic journal supported by the Erasmus Institute for Philosophy and Economics at the Philosophy Faculty of Erasmus University Rotterdam. EJPE publishes research on the methodology, history, ethics, and interdisciplinary relations of economics, and welcomes contributions from all scholars with an interest in any of its research domains. EJPE is an Open Access Journal: all the content is permanently available online without subscription or payment.
EJPE aims to
- Publish high quality original research on the intersection of philosophy and economics
- Support the inter-disciplinary development of the field with critical survey papers covering ongoing debates and reviews of relevant publications
- Provide a forum that is friendly to young scholars, and supported by an authoritative, efficient, and constructive review process.
(1) Methodology of economics
Issues falling within the analytical philosophy of science tradition, related to the methodological analysis and appraisal of the concepts, theories and techniques of economics, both mainstream and heterodox. Contributions on methodological issues in evolutionary and institutional economics are especially welcome.
(2) History of economic thought
Issues in the historical development of the ideas, theories, and methods of economics.
(3) Ethics and economics
Issues in the social and political philosophy of economics, concerning for example the ethical presumptions and implications of economic concepts, theories, and reasoning, written in the style characteristic of contemporary analytical philosophy.
(4) Inter-disciplinary approaches to economics
Issues that arise from the intersection of other disciplines and economics, which bring valuable new perspectives for our understanding of the study of economic phenomena. For example, phenomenological approaches to economics, sociology of economics, economics of science, economics and literature.
Type of contents
Contributions by submission
- Articles: on any of the research domains of the Journal
- Book reviews: of recent publications in the field
- Critical comments: responses to articles or book reviews previously published in the Journal
- PhD thesis summaries: of recent graduates in any area covered by the Journal.
Contributions arranged by the EJPE Editors
- Interviews: with experienced philosophers or economists
- Invited papers: generally critical survey papers on a particular field by well established academics.
Call for papers
The EJPE Call for Papers is permanently open for articles, book reviews, and PhD thesis summaries across all the research domains covered by the journal. For more information and to read issues of the journal visit the EJPE website or e-mail the EJPE Editors: email@example.com