Arts and Culture Studies
Master of Arts (MA) in Arts and Culture Studies
Do you want to become a professional in the field of arts and culture studies? In this programme you will study all facets of this dynamic field, from production to consumption, from an international perspective.
At Erasmus University, you are trained to envision new possibilities and establish new models for the organisation of arts and culture using cutting-edge insights on policy, marketing, audiences and education. Your thorough knowledge of the international world of the arts and culture sector provides an excellent gateway to positions such as policymaker, marketing and PR for arts or programmer at cultural institutions.
Why study a Master in Arts and Culture Studies in Rotterdam?
Studying arts and culture at Erasmus University Rotterdam means:
- studying arts and culture from multiple angles (sociology, economy, policy making);
- looking at arts and culture in a local as well as global context;
- getting prepared for a career in a dynamic, ever-changing sector as you are able to think innovatively and creatively;
- you can analyse and conduct research;
- studying at one of the most international universities in the world, according to Times Higher Education;
- studying in the vibrant and ever growing city of Rotterdam.
The Master prepares you for a vital role in all areas of the arts and culture sector; from theatre to museums, to films and festivals, allowing you to take your degree not only across artistic fields, but around the globe. You don't sell the tickets, you run the show!
Read more about: Career opportunities Master in arts and Culture Studies
You will acquire universally applicable, excellent skills related to the handling and interpretation of information. You will develop specific expertise regarding the socio-economics of the arts and culture, which will set you apart from other university graduates. You will develop a critical mindset and reflect on how to combine cultural and social values with running sustainable enterprises. You will also become better at communicating your original ideas.
This programme is the right choice for you if you have a passion for art and culture and want to work behind the scenes in the cultural sector and possibly have a leading role in an organisation. During the Master's, you will build a thorough theoretical foundation in the fields of arts and culture studies, which will help you to understand art and culture on many different levels. After graduation, you can use your expertise to strengthen the cultural industry – whether this is as an educator, researcher, communication's specialist, creative director or more.
- Bachelor degree in Cultural Studies
- Other bachelor degrees (university level) with relevant experience in social sciences / economics and the cultural sector
- Advanced English language skills (TOEFL 600 / 250 / 100 / OR IELTS 7.0)
- Promising candidates who do not fulfil all admission requirements of the Cultural Economics & Entrepreneurship Master can take up our effective pre-master programme.
Do you meet the requirements? Start your application in Studielink. After your application in Studielink, Erasmus University Rotterdam will informs you about next steps.
Read more about: Application Master in Arts and Culture Studies
Please see below for information about the specialisation within this Master Programme. Whether a specialisation is offered full-time or part-time, is indicated accordingly.
|Arts, Culture and Society||Full-time||Part-time|
|Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship||Full-time||Part-time|