Arts and Culture Studies
Master of Arts (MA) in Arts and Culture Studies
Arts and culture in all their forms arouse your curiosity. Talent and expertise is needed to introduce societies to art.
Creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and a global vision are vital to a flourishing arts and culture sector. These characteristics typify not only artists; they are also increasingly important for those who are involved with arts and culture behind the scenes.
At Erasmus University, you are trained to envision new possibilities and establish new models for the organization of arts and culture using cutting-edge insights on policy, marketing, audiences and education. Your thorough knowledge of the international world of the arts and culture sector provides an excellent gateway to positions such as policymaker, marketing and PR for arts or programmer at cultural institutions.
Why study a Master in Arts and Culture Studies in Rotterdam?
The master's programme Arts and Culture studies offers:
- An international approach that integrates present-day modes of production, distribution and consumption of arts and culture beyond and across national cultural boundaries
- An analysis of the creative sector from an organisational, economic, sociological and policy
The Master’s trains towards a variety of jobs within and outside the cultural sector:
- Publicity assistant
- Programmer for theatres or ensembles/companies
Read more about: Career opportunities Master in arts and Culture Studies
You will acquire universally applicable, excellent skills related to the handling and interpretation of information. You will develop specific expertise regarding the socio-economics of the arts and culture, which will set you apart from other university graduates. You will develop a critical mindset and reflect on how to combine cultural and social values with running sustainable enterprises. You will also become better at communicating your original ideas.
This programme is for those interested in the world of art and culture whose aspiration is to work behind the scenes in the cultural sector. With the Master’s in Art and Culture Studies, professionals in the cultural sector will acquire a solid grounding to strengthen their passion.
Those with a Bachelor’s in an art and/or culture-oriented programme will be able to specialise their knowledge of the theory, research and practice of the art world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cultural Studies
- Other Bachelor’s degrees (University level) with relevant experience in social sciences / economics and the cultural sector
- Advanced English language skills (TOEFL 600 / 250 / 100 / OR IELTS 7.0)
- Promising candidates who do not fulfill all admission requirements of the CEE Master can take up our effective Pre-Master program.
Do you meet the requirements? Start your application in Studielink. For most programmes, Studielink opens in October prior to your starting year. After your application in Studielink, Erasmus University Rotterdam informs you on the further application procedure.
Read more about: Application Master in Arts and Culture Studies
Please see below for information about the specialisation within this Master Programme. Whether a specialisation is offered full-time or part-time, is indicated accordingly.
|Arts, Culture and Society||Full-time||Part-time|
|Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship||Full-time||Part-time|