Business Information Management
Master of Science (MSc) in Business Information Management
Combining business and IT, the MSc in Business Information Management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University focuses on information management and big data to improve business performance.
Explore and analyse decision-making by studying business information management. The MSc in Business Information Management examines the convergence of business and information technology, and requires no computer programming skills.
Build project-management skills and unlock potential for innovations with a thorough understanding of the strategic value of information and big data through interactive learning, international experience and internships. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is ranked as a top 10 player by the Financial Times European Masters in Management list. It has the widest selection of one-year MSc programmes in the Netherlands and is located in a city with a truly international flavour.
Why study a Master in Business Information Management in Rotterdam?
- a focus on the business side of information management through inspiring and relevant master courses;
- a thorough understanding of the strategic value of information;
- small-scale interactive classes that encourage debate and discussion of programme material;
- a diverse international student body;
- promising career prospects.
Business Information Management (BIM) master students enjoy excellent career prospects. Companies put great value on BIM master graduates who display an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the strategic use of information. Positions available at national and international companies for BIM masters include chief information officer (CIO), business consultant and business analyst.
Read more about: Career opportunities Master in Business Information Management
As a Business information Management master student you will
- learn to analyse the strategic potential of information;
- develop management skills for the implementation of business applications and learn to recognize how crucial change management is in the implementation process;
- develop consultancy and project management skills;
and gain the title: MSc in Business Information Management.
- Information Strategy
- Designing Business Applications
- Business Architecture & Consultancy
- Big data management and analytics
- BIM Research Topics
- BIM Research Clinic
- Programming for managers
- Customer-Centric Digital Commerce
- Social media and business
- Future of Work
- Big Data and Business Analytics
- Human-computer interaction
- Social network analysis
- Technology enabled businessess, markets, and policy
- Next Generation Business Applications
- Platform ecosystems
- Project Management
- Energy information systems
- BIM Business Research project
Read more about: Curriculum Master in Business Information Management
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
The Business Information Management programme is for recent bachelors of business, economics, information management or related fields. It focuses on graduates whose ambition it is to understand and optimize the intersection of business with information technology. Computer programming skills are not required for admission.
For the MSc in Business Information Management are as follows:
- Pre-determined undergraduate degree from a research university.
- GMAT > 600.
- GPA equivalent to 7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system.
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS).
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Business Information Management
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Master in Business Information Management