Finance and Investments
Master of Science (MSc) in Finance and Investments
Explore decision-making and its implications for finance, investments and financial management in the MSc in Finance and Investments from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University.
Using the latest theories and research, RSM’s MSc in Finance & Investment explores finance, securities, investments, mergers, acquisitions and risks. With guest speakers, a large choice of electives and a curriculum closely tied to professional practice, this programme gives a clear understanding of practical financial decision-making. Graduates work in investment and merchant banks, insurance and pension funds, for governments and multinational companies.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University is ranked as a top 10 player by the Financial Times European Masters in Management list. It has the widest selection of MSc programmes in the Netherlands and is located in a city with a truly international flavour.
Why study a Master in Finance and Investments in Rotterdam?
- an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of financial management;
- a research-driven programme ensuring the latest theories and applications;
- a practice-based approach, achieved through case assignments, exercises, and exposure to guest speakers from the financial industry;
- a wide selection of master electives so your programme suits your own interests.
The programme prepares you for work in investment and merchant banks, for insurance and pension funds, in the public sector, and for multinationals. Drawing on their longstanding relationships with recruiters, our professional Career Services staff is committed to helping you market your skills effectively to potential employers, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
Upon graduation you will have:
- A Master in Science from one of Europe’s top 10 business schools.
- A solid grasp of finance and investments and an understanding of how to research and analyse business processes.
- The latest management skills.
- Corporate finance
- Business ethics
- Risk management
- Financial analysis and valuation
- Master thesis orientation and topic selection
- Research skills
- Fundamentals of portfolio management
- International financial markets
- Banking and financial intermediation
- Treasury management
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Household finance
- Advanced valuation & value creation
- Innovations and financial markets
- Behavioural corporate finance
- Real estate finance & investments
- Fixed income and it's applications
- Professional asset management
- Trading & exchanges
- Entrepreneurial finance & private equity
- Portfolio management industry
- Financial Modelling
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
Read more about: Curriculum Master in Finance and Investments
In addition to lectures, you will work in small groups on business cases and assignments. Many of the exercises are carried out in teams. Skills training, presentations, visiting lecturers and practitioners are all part of the curriculum. In order to graduate you will be trained in analytical and research skills and must write an individual thesis on a topic of your choice.
This master programme in Finance and Investments is for recently-graduated and motivated bachelors. Bright minds will benefit from the global scope and reputation of a master degree from one of Europe's top business schools. Building on a bachelor degree in business, economics, finance or accounting, it paves the way for an international career in the financial arena.
- Undergraduate degree from a research university with specified course content
- GMAT > 600
- GPA equivalent to 7 out of 10 in the Dutch education system
- English language requirement (TOEFL / IELTS)
For exact admission requirements please visit RSM’s admission pages.
Read more about: Admission criteria Master in Finance and Investments
You should apply directly to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) through its online application system (OLAF). Please visit RSM’s admission pages for comprehensive instructions on how to proceed.
Read more about: Application Master in Finance and Investments