Search for e-learning, manuals, workshops & support
Information skills modules
The University Library offers a portfolio on searching, finding and managing scholarly information and data. This portfolio contains short modules with texts, videos and excercises (), which you can work through separately. See the video Information skills: who benefits?
- Scientific or not?
- Should I be using Google or the library resources?
- Choose your databases & search engines
- Search techniques
- How to find a journal article
- Use sEURch to look for literature by subject
- Use Scopus to look for literature by subject
- Finding the full-text article
- Get the most out of Google Scholar
- Structured search
- Off-campus access to databases & search engines
- How to borrow a library book
- Not in our library. Where else can you find it?
- How to look for statistical and financial data
- Doing your literature review
- Using citation databases
- Publication strategies & Open Access
- Research data management (RDM) plans
- Beyond the H-index and impact factor
- Enhancing your academic visibility & profile