You can scan in black and white on all printer/photocopiers in the University Library. You can scan to a USB stick or to a server (Scan Publisher). You can retrieve your scans up to 24 hours later from the Scan Publisher. The cost of a scan is € 0.05 cent. Payment is by chip card only.
How to scan
- Place your chip card in the chip card reader.
- Select the scan function on the printer/photocopier.
- Select scan to server or usb.
- Place your document on the glass plate.
- Type a number with at a minimum of seven digits and a maximum of ten digits. For example, your library card number.
- Press the large green button.
Retrieving your scan
Click on the Scan Publisher link. This will link you through to the document server where you can pick up your scans.
How to pick up and save your scan
- Type in the previously used number. You’ll see a list of your scans.
- If you type in a non-existent number, you’ll see a message that there are no scans ready for you.
- Click on the file name to open the scanned document.
- Right click in the document and select “Save as” to save the document to your own file.