House rules for PC work places
- Report computer breakdowns at the information desk or via the University Library Virtual Desk.
- Save your work on a regular basis, for example on a USB stick or on the Internet via 24EUR7. Do not save your work to the desktop as this is overwritten when the computer is restarted.
- Activate the Take A Break Button when you leave your PC for a break up to 30 minutes. Click the button on your desktop and a new window with an expiring timer opens up. Adding personal comments is a possibility. After 30 minutes the computer will log off and restart automatically;
- Log off and take your personal belongings with you if leaving the PC workplace unattended for more than thirty minutes.
- All PCs in the University Library have a built-in timer. If you leave your workplace and the PC remains unused for more than fifteen minutes the PC will log off and restart automatically.
- After these thirty minutes another user may move your personal belongings to a table designated for this purpose. It is not allowed to reserve a PC workplace by leaving personal belongings behind.