Agreement between SAGE and dutch universities
An Open Access agreement has been made between SAGE and all Dutch universities. The agreement with Sage covers:
- all articles published in one of the 158 selected journals (see SAGE Choice Programme Journal Titles) and;
- where the corresponding author is employed at a Dutch university. The corresponding author employed at a Dutch university will receive a 90% discount on the Open Access Publishing fee and will receive an invoice for $300 (10% of Sage’s Open Access publishing fee).
The corresponding author needs to inform SAGE in time that he/she is entitled to a discount as a corresponding author from a UKB (Consortium of the Dutch Universities and National Library) institution. Please consult carefully the procedures:
- The discount only applies to the titles that are in the SAGE Choice Scheme and in SAGE Premier 2012 as listed in the SAGE Choice Programme Journal Titles
- All submitting authors are alerted to the fact that the SAGE Choice option exists for a title when they are sent an acceptance email, and again when they are sent the Contributors Agreement to authorise. If they follow the link provided by either of these forms they will be directed to a SAGE Choice Invoice Template (see annex)
- Authors from UKB institutions should indicate they are entitled to the discount by entering the code UKB90 in the “University/Institution Account Code” field. They should then return this form to the relevant email address at SAGE as instructed on the form. An invoice for the discounted rate of $300 only will then be raised.
- Authors must indicate they are entitled to the discount by using this code when initially applying for the SAGE Choice option. The way the systems are set-up we cannot apply the discount retrospectively.
Publicatiedatum: 14 maart 2012