Subject guides & portals
The following portals are presented by (high profile) universities; their content has been selected by information-professionals:
California State University Journalism Sites Journalism related Organisations, Research tools and PR sites.
Erasmus University Rotterdam portal overheidsinformatie / government gnformation (Dutch, European and International legislation, statistics, etc)
University of Central Lancashire Internet Resources on Film & Media studies
Yale Film Studies Research Guide A guide to conducting research in Film Studies at Yale University, including key resources and crucial search strategies.
Columbia University Library – Journalism Library Collections & Internet Resources with collections of online subject resources on various subjects, such as:
- Broadcast Journalism
- Resources for Careers in Journalism
- Civic Journalism
- Computer-Assisted Reporting
- Environmental Journalism
- Government and Politics
- International Reporting
- Investigative Journalism
- Magazine Journalism
- Media Studies
- Journalism Organizations
- Statistical Resources for Journalists
Standford University Africa Collection. Links to institutes and websites with regard to Africa and:
- Internet & Computing
- Media & Mass Communication
- News (breaking)
- News (Continent-wide)
- News (by Country)
- Radio Stations
The following portals are presented by reliable institutes, dedicated to the subject area of communication and media:
Arts and Humanities Data Service (AHDS) digital resources related to music, dance, theatre, radio, film, television, and performance.
British Universities Film & Video Council
- Moving Image Gateway This Gateway includes over 1,000 websites relating to moving image and sound materials. These have been subdivided into over 40 subject areas.
- Television & Radio services and resources relating to UK television and radio for use in education.
Infomine A virtual library, with access to important university level research and educational tools on the Internet.
Intute Communication & Media Studies: free access to high quality resources on the Internet. Each resource has been evaluated and categorised by subject specialists based at UK universities.
IPL2 (Internet Public Library) The ipl2 digital collections include Resources by Subject, Newspapers and Magazines, forming a representative collection of websites for information, reference and research.
Library of congress:
- Prints & Photographs Online Catalog contains catalog records and digital images, including photographs, fine and popular prints and drawings, posters, and architectural and engineering drawings.
- Sound Online Inventory and Catalog contains some 2.5 million audio recordings representing the history of sound recording from late nineteenth century cylinders and discs to the latest digital files, include radio broadcasts and spoken word, as well as vocal and instrumental music.
- News, Journalism & Advertising These pages link to selected collection content available online at the Library of Congress, arranged by broad categories.
Museum of the moving image Research Guide: a gateway to the best online resources related to film, television, and digital media.
Poynter Resource Center: list of Journalism Centres, Organisations and special projects.