Welcome to the Internet Research course of the University Library (UL) of Erasmus University Rotterdam. After going through the Internet Research course, you will know
- where Internet research fits into your research plan,
- the greatest pitfalls of Internet use amongst students,
- the difference between Internet sources and library sources,
- how to prepare your search,
- about the various Internet search methods,
- the best way to formulate your search terms,
- the best way to use a search engine,
- how to evaluate the quality and usefulness of Internet sources,
- what to watch out for when using and searching for statistical information.
This course is part of the information literacy modular training method. The menu at the left side of this screen shows the table of contents of this course.