Search online catalog or database
RefWorks provides access to a large number of library catalogues, including the catalogue of the University Library (UL) of the EUR. You can search a catalogue and import the titles directly in Refworks. PubMed is also available in this way.
You can add references in the following way:
- Open RefWorks and log in.
- Click in the grey bar at the top of the page on Search and select Online Catalog or Database.
- Select the library catalogue from the drop-down menu, for example Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- You can type your searchterms behind Terms in the Quick Search; you can also choose for Advanced Search, that's a more specific search.
- Click in right down corner at Search.
- Your search results appear.
- Mark the references you wish to import and click Import. Click OK to confirm the import.
- RefWorks shows how may titles are imported. Click the button View Last Imported to check the titles or close the screen.
|The interface of the UL-catalogue, PubMed and the other catalogues you can search this way, is adjusted for RefWorks. When you want to use the advanced search options, like searching with MesH-terms in PubMed, it's better to use the originial database or catalogue.|