Cursus Finance for Engineers
Learn how to read your company’s financial statements, and explore how investment projects and company divisions undergo financial valuation.
When you have completed this programme, you will be able to:
- explain how the role of finance can influence the overall success of an organisation
- understand the key tools used by financial specialists
- assess the financial performance of your organisation
- interpret and evaluate financial data with your newfound practical skills
- understand how organisations have become global leaders by driving their operational excellence and financial engineering
- utilise your new, practical financial skills to interpret and evaluate financial data.
Who should attend?
This programme is suitable for all current and prospective managers in non-financial roles who want to enhance their financial knowledge. It is particularly suitable for those with existing quantitative skills, including:
- engineering (e.g. mechanical, electrical, architectural, chemical, agricultural)
- sciences (e.g. physics, chemistry, statistics, mathematics)
- economics, or econometrics.
Most participants will be educated to bachelor, master or even doctoral level in a field unrelated to finance. As a rule of thumb, if you know how to use exponentials, know the calculus of fractions, have a basic understanding of limits, and can work with MS Excel, then we recommend Finance for Engineers rather than the general Finance for Non-Financial Managers.
- 2 dagen
- Aangeboden door
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Externe link
- Read more about this programme