M. Kemman MSc (Max)
Mail adress: Erasmus University Rotterdam, Room W-L3-081 P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Role in Erasmus Studio: Researcher in projects AXES, Polimedia and several CLARIAH-projects
Max Kemman (1987) is employed at the EHSCC and invovled in a number of projects:
- the European research project AXES – Access to Audiovisual Archives, in which he works together with Martijn Kleppe, dr. Stef Scagliola and prof. dr. Henri Beunders. Max has studied Cognitive Artificial Intelligence (BSc) and Content and Knowledge Engineering (MSc) at Utrecht University, where his main interest became usability research.
The goal of AXES is to develop tools that provide various types of users with new engaging ways to interact with audiovisual libraries, helping them discover, browse, navigate, search and enrich archives. Three interfaces will be developed aimed at three user groups: media professionals, researchers (journalists as well as academics) and home users. The Erasmus University is the responsible project partner for WP1 User & Data. The focus of Erasmus University, as well as Max’ research, will be researching the user requirements and the usability of the system with regards to the academic users.
- projects funded under the CLARIAH programme and its predecessor CLARIN:
- Oral History Today (http://zoeken.verteldverleden.org/#/about)
- Oral History Today 2 (http://www.clariah.nl/oht/vervolg-oht2)
- PoliMedia (http://www.polimedia.nl and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u24oRCj7xrQ)
- Talk of Europe (http://www.talkofeurope.eu)