Don’t use anyone else’s content, or ask permission first if you do. Violating copyright is a criminal offence.
- Copyright relates to text, images, video, accompanying music for a film, etc.
- Never take pictures from Google.
- There’s no need to add the word ‘copyright’ or the © symbol. They have no legal significance in the Netherlands. You automatically have copyright anyway.
- You must establish portrait rights before publishing a commissioned portrait.
- What if a portrait isn’t commissioned – for instance a photo of the campus in which students can be seen? In that case no permission is required unless someone has a reasonable objection to its publication.
- The rules apply to all online channels, including Facebook, etc.