University Innovation Fellows EUR
Student Innovation Fellows create opportunities that help their peers unlock their creative potential and develop the design-centred mindset required to take on complex challenges in today’s world. Fellows are students of all majors and academic levels who want to shape the future of education.
What student Innovation Fellows do
Student Innovation Fellows represent the student voice in the global conversation about the future of education. They develop design-thinking skills to find and tackle current challenges of our university and work closely together with the Centre for Learning & Innovation. They are familiar with the innovation ecosystem of EUR and build strong relationships with other important (innovation) stakeholders on our campus.
The typical profile of a student innovation Fellow
Student Innovation Fellows are highly interested in innovation and education. They always look for ways to improve their education and have a genuine desire to inspire fellow students and make a positive impact on our campus. Student Innovation Fellows come up with creative solutions by applying the design-thinking approach to find and test ideas on their campus.
- Actively enrolled: you need to be an actively enrolled student at EUR. Undergraduate, graduate and post-docs will be considered
- Respected by friends and classmates: candidates who can motivate and inspire other students
- Insightful and mature: students who can develop a rapport with faculty and institutional leadership, build support and form coalitions.
- Strategic thinkers: students who understand that change in academia is not easy, but possesses the persistence, perseverance and willingness to set up systems that will continue even after they graduate.
- All ’round cool individual: candidates who the other University Innovation Fellows would want to have in their network as peers, friends and potential collaborators.
Meet our team of four students who are the Innovation Fellows in 2021-2022:
- Ramzi Abdulkadir-Ahmed (ESL)
- Teodora Comanescu (ESE)
- Nick Tennekes (RSM)
- Anisha de Vries (ESHCC + ESPhil)
They introduce themselves by answering the following two questions:
What problem in the world are you most passionate about solving?
If you could re-design the way your school educates you and your fellow students, what would that look like?
The Perks of being a student innovation Fellow
- Learn strategies to connect with important stakeholders at the EUR
- Join an interdisciplinary team to design innovative projects to impact our university
- Closely collaborate with the Community for Learning & Innovation and other innovation departments of EUR
- Contribute to the future of education
Potential extra perks (If EUR gets accepted to the UIF from Standford):
- Receive a 6-week online training in Design Thinking by Stanford University’s d.school
- Join the Sillicon Valley Meetup with Innovation Fellows from other universities for several days of immersive learning activities and learn from peers around the world
Applications are now closed! Do you have a question, or do you want to know more? Please reach out to email@example.com and we will get back to you within a week!
The Student Innovation Fellowship was initiated by applying to the official University Innovation Fellowship (UIF) program from Stanford University’s Hasso Plattner Institute of Design (d.school)