Borrowing from another library
If a book or periodical article is not in the collection of the EUR University Library you can order this from another library. You need an ILL account for this. This is an account with an access number and pin code with which you can request books and periodicals yourself in PiCarta.
The ILL account is for EUR staff and students and holders of a valid UL library card, including OU students. Students and staff of other universities in the Netherlands can contact their own library for this.
Opening an ILL account
- You can open an account by completing the online form or arranging this at the information desk in the University Library.
- You will receive your access number and pin code after opening your account.
Charges and payment
- The charges for EUR staff and students are different than those for other users.
- You can top up the balance through payment with iDEAL or by arranging this at the circulation desk. As an EUR staff member, use the online form.
- When you request a periodical article a basic fee is immediately deducted from your account. On completion of the request, final settlement is based on the number of copies supplied.
- If a request is not carried out the amount deducted from your account will be refunded.
Requesting publications with an ILL account
- Search the book or periodical article in PiCarta and click on Borrow (for a book) or Photocopy (for an article) at the bottom of the title information screen.
- Enter your access number and pin code to identify yourself.
- If you have requested a book it will be sent to the EUR University Library. You will be notified by e-mail when the book is ready to collect.
- You have to return the book to the EUR University Library.
- Extend the loan period yourself in the UL catalogue.
- If you have requested a periodical article you can ask for a photocopy to be sent to a postal address or to receive a scanned copy of the article by e-mail.
- Delivery of a book or article usually takes just over a week.
Requesting books from abroad
A publication that is not available in a Dutch library can be ordered from abroad by the University Library. You should allow several weeks for delivery. Books ordered from abroad cannot be borrowed, but you can use them at the University Library.