The EDSC provides access to financial and social science databases and gives individual support and workshops for students and staff of the Erasmus University Rotterdam. For this work the EDSC has a team of 5 specialists - the Datateam. The Datateam is itself supported by an advisory body made up of representatives from the faculties concerned and the University Library.
Due to the increasing importance of quantative research the University Library in collaboration with the Schools of Management (RSM) and Economics (ESE) started up the Erasmus Data Service Centre (EDSC) in 2006. At first the emphasis was on financial data but since the summer of 2007, the work terrain of the EDSC has been expanded to cover social sciences data. This has been achieved in collaboration with Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB).
The EDSC mission is to provide excellent research data support for researchers, teachers and student throughout the data lifecycle. This is done in cooperation with: Erasmus School of Economics, Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences, RSM, Tinbergen Institute and University Library.
Current team members
- Paul Plaatsman
- Rob Grim
- Arjan de Wit
- Ronald Brabers
- Tatjana Schneidmuller
Click "Read more" to see the members of the EDSC advisory board
- Dr. Vadym Volosovych (Erasmus School of Economics)
- Dr Michel van der Wel (Erasmus School of Economics)
- Dr. Dion Bongaerts (Rotterdam School of Management)
- Dr Richard Haans (Rotterdam School of Management)
- Dr Caspar David Peter (Rotterdam School of Management)
- Dr. Joran Jongerling (Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences)
- Dr. Asya Pisarevskaya (Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences)
- Drs. Gusta Drenthe (University Library)
Every 4 years the EDSC writes a strategic plan. This document describes how we approach new developments and provides an overview of relating (new) services. Have a look at the EDSC Strategic Plan 2018-2021