- Course dates
Dates: Mondays (13 September - 11 October 2021)
Time: 13.00-15.30 hours
Rate 1: Students: € 179,-
Special rate*: € 25,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
*Please note that you are only allowed to use this special rate once.
- Application deadline
Wednesday 8 September 2021
This short and interactive writing course taught by an experienced language trainer will help you to improve your academic writing skills in English. The online course consists of 5 sessions of each 2,5 hours.
What will you learn?
In this course you learn how to write academic texts in proper English. You'll learn about the pitfalls for non-native authors, the dos and don'ts and the conventions. We will work on:
- excellent organisation and coherence at text level;
- writing good paragraphs;
- writing correct English at sentence level (including grammar, style and vocabulary);
- developing the most efficient writing process.
Good to know
- This course is in principle only open to EUR students. If you are an interested student from another hogeschool or university, please send us an email.
- The course materials are included in the course fee.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 8, the maximum is 12. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable.
- When passing this course, a certificate will be handed out.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
When it came to academic writing I was battling procrastination. But no longer! This course will help you overcome procrastination by teaching you how to make fast and effective writing your second nature. This course covers the writing process, grammar, vocabulary and coherence so you come to understand the structure of writing. Take this course and you will be able to climb every writing mountain - be it high or low.
I am learning a lot in this Academic Writing course. And I am very grateful for the fact that the language trainer takes so much time to revise our papers thoroughly.
I was in the middle of writing my thesis when I joined (and enjoyed) this course. It didn’t just refresh an English class I had in high school, but I got a lot of tips and feedback to write an excellent academic paper (i.e. my thesis). I was glad I joined in perfect time! Now I can’t wait to finish my thesis.
You need to apply and pay for the course via our web shop (choose academic year 2021).