- Course dates
Wednesdays 18.30-21.00 hours
Dates: 27 January - 16 June 2021
Location: Online (using Zoom)
Examdate: will be communicated after the deadline
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 489,-
Rate 2: Others: € 689,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on
- Application deadline
Wednesday 13 January 2021
The Arabic for beginners 1 + 2 course is a double level course: two course levels will have been covered by the end of this course. A great advantage is that you can automatically flow from beginners 1 to beginners 2 without having to take an exam in between the two levels.
What will you learn?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Arabic language, with emphasis on speaking and listening skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- introducing yourself;
- asking and giving directions;
- making an appointment and giving your opinion.
In addition to the topics above, you will be able to read and write the Arabic alphabet and lead and understand a simple conversation. You will also have a small vocabulary with which you can formulate simple sentence structures for common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is beginners 2, similar to the A1.2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Arabic courses once a year in January-June.
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Arabic and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 45,- and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 14.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached. Whenever a course is canceled due to few registrations, you will be informed and your fee will be refunded.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
This course is for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the Arabic course beginners 1+2 via our web shop (choose academic year 2020). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements.