During the course Chinese beginners 1, Mandarin Chinese will be taught. This is the official Chinese language spoken in all of China, Taiwan, Singapore and the United Nations.
Key Facts & Figures
- Instruction language
This course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Chinese language, with emphasis on speaking and listening skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- presenting yourself;
- social talk;
- the Chinese culture.
In addition, you will be able to write about 160 words in Pinyin and recognize 20 basic Chinese characters. You will also have a small vocabulary with which you can formulate simple sentence structures for common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is beginners 1, similar to the level A1.1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
|"This course is very fun, but intense and prepare yourself that you have to study every week, so you keep up with the things you have learned. It is very interactive, so that’s very challenging, but very fun!"|
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Chinese courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March/April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Chinese and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 45, - and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 16. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached. Whenever a course is canceled due to few registrations you will be informed and your fee will be refunded.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
Facts & Figures
Rate 1: Student & employees: € 295,-
Rate 2: Others: € 395,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- Start date
- Monday 3 Oct 2022
- Application deadline
- Offered by
- Language & Training Centre
- Language and Culture
- Course type
- Instruction language
- Campus Woudestein
Registration is closed.