Course Chinese beginners 1
This course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What’s the content of Chinese beginners 1?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Chinese language, with emphasis on speaking and listening skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- presenting yourself;
- social talk;
- the Chinese culture.
In addition to the above, you will be able to write about 160 words in Pinyin and recognize 20 basic Chinese characters. You will also have a small vocabulary, with which you can formulate simple sentence structures for common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is beginners 1, similar to the level A1.1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Chinese courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March/April-June).
- The enrolment deadline for this course is Wednesday 21 March 2018, 13.00 hours.
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Chinese and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 45, - and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
- Course type
- Course dates
Wednesdays: 4 April - 6 June 2018
Time: 17.30-20.00 hours
Exam date: Monday 18 June 2018 (17.30 hours)
- Campus Woudestein, Rotterdam
Rate 1: Student & employees: € 279,-
Rate 2: Others: € 379,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- Start date
- 10 weeks
- Offered by
- Erasmus University Rotterdam | Language & Training Centre
- Language and Culture
- Instruction language
- Mode of instruction
This course is for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the course via our webshop.
If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.