- Course dates
Not yet known
Special Rate*: € 125,-
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 295,-
Rate 2: Others: € 395,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on. *Please note that you are only allowed to use this special rate once.
- Application deadline
A Dutch A1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Dutch language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- presenting yourself;
- greetings and farewells;
- making an appointment;
- café, market, restaurant and shop;
- the Dutch culture.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Dutch courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March / April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Dutch and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 43, - and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 16.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course in which your reading and writing skills will be tested. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a ‘pass’ for all four skills.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
This course is for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the Dutch A1 course via our web shop (choose academic year 2021). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements. Explanation about the payment procedure for EUR staff can be found here.