- Course dates
Not yet known
Special Rate*: € 125,-
Rate 1: Student & employees): € 295,-
Rate 2: Others): € 395,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on. *Please note that you are only allowed to use this special rate once.
- Application deadline
German natives are quick learners of the Dutch language, so with this special course two levels are covered. Dutch A1&A2.1 consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). Two course levels will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Dutch language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- presenting yourself;
- greetings and farewells;
- making an appointment;
- café, market, restaurant and shop;
- real estate agent; family doctor, bicycle repair; birthdays;
- the Dutch culture.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A2.1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Dutch courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March / April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Dutch and will be commonly used. Please note that this course won’t be taught in German. The course material costs approximately € 43, - and is not included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 16.
Please note that he LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course in which your reading and writing skills will be tested. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a ‘pass’ for all four skills.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
This course is only for German speakers with no prior knowledge of the Dutch language. You need to apply and pay for the course Dutch A1&A2.1 (German natives) via our web shop (choose academic year 2020). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements. Explanation about the payment procedure for EUR staff can be found here.