This course is a continuation of the course Dutch A2.1. During this course you will continue with the previously learned topics of the Dutch language.
Key Facts & Figures
- Instruction language
A Dutch A2.2 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
This course is a continuation of the course Dutch A2.1. During this course you will continue with the previously learned topics of the Dutch language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- asking for and giving directions;
- asking for and giving an opinion;
- asking for information;
- describing trips;
- describing observations;
- making phonecalls;
- the Dutch culture.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate orally and in writing about personal topics and in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A2.2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Dutch courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March / April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background ((hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Dutch and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 43, - and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course in which your reading and writing skills will be tested. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a ‘pass’ for all four skills.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
Facts & Figures
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 295,-
Rate 2: Others: € 395,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- Start date
- Monday 3 Oct 2022
- Application deadline
- Offered by
- Language & Training Centre
- Language and Culture
- Course type
- Instruction language
- Campus Woudestein
Registration is closed.
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at A2.1.
As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the A2.2 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
- the LTC certificate of the A2.1 course (less than 12 months old);
- If you are currently participating in the Dutch A2.1 course of the LTC, you are allowed to register for an A2.2 course. Passing for your final exam and thus completing the course with a 5.5 or higher is necessary to actually start the following level.
You need to apply and pay for the Dutch A2.2 course via our web shop (choose academic year 2022). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements. Explanation about the payment procedure for EUR staff can be found here.