- Course dates
Thursdays 17.30-19.30 hours
Period: 7 October - 9 December 2021
Online via Zoom
Rate 1: Student & employees: € 259,-
Rate 2: Others: € 359,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Application deadline
Tuesday 21 September 2021
A Dutch Speaking Skills course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2 hours each. There will be no final exam, but throughout the course the teacher will provide you with extensive feedback on your speaking skills.
What will you learn?
After completing the B2 course you’ll be able to fully participate in conversation, but you will still need to work on improving your accuracy and on expanding your vocabulary. During this Speaking Skills course you will mainly focus on participating in discussions on topics of interest, interesting texts and books. Each lesson provides new expressions and proverbs to be learned as well as more discussion practice. You will also learn to give a presentation in Dutch.
Good to know
- This course will be held online using Zoom. If it becomes possible in the near future, some lessons might be held on campus, but this is not certain at this time.
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- The (online) course material is included in the course fee. In the confirmation letter (after the deadline), which you will receive if the course goes ahead, we will inform you
of the details.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately two hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 14.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable.
- Only participants who attend at least 8 sessions and complete all of the assignments will receive an attendance certificate.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at B2. As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the LTC certificate of the B2.2 course (less than 12 months old);
- the State Exam programme II certificate (less than 12 months old).
You need to apply and pay for the Dutch Speakings Skills course via our web shop (choose academic year 2021). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements. Explanation about the payment procedure for EUR staff can be found here.