- Course dates
Wednesdays 17.30-20.30 hours
Dates: 6 October- 8 December 2021
Online via Zoom
Exam: in week 50
Special Rate*: € 145,-
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 299,-
Rate 2: Others: € 399,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on. *Please note that you are only allowed to use this special rate once.
- Application deadline
Tuesday 21 September 2021
An English B2.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
This is an English for Academic Purposes course. The main aim of this course is to equip participants with skills so that they can function quite confidently when using English in different academic and also non-academic situations. It covers the following skills:
- speaking- to discuss, debate and give presentations on a wide variety of subjects;
- reading & comprehension;
- writing- essays, reports, analysing graphs and emails;
- critical thinking;
This course also focuses on the use and improvement of grammatical structures, so that you are able to communicate in various common and everyday situations. This course can be described as a blended learning course. The final level of the course is B2.1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers English courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March / April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- The course material is included in the course fee.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study. This is a guideline: some may need more time.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 15. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached. Whenever a course is canceled due to few registrations you will be informed and your fee will be refunded.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. During the course you will be asked to give presentations. To pass the course, you should be present on those moments.
- A final written exam is part of this course. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a ‘pass’ for all skills.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at B1.2. As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the B2.1 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
You need to apply and pay for the course via our web shop (choose academic year 2021). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements.